Sunday, April 22, 2018

Thoughts on Blogging....



I love blogging. 
 I like to have time to take a number of photographs of the creations I have made.
I like to edit and crop them a bit. 
I like to think about how I made something and what I can tell people about it. 
I like to share a bit more then just the image. 

And ..... even though it is easier just to post a quick picture on instagram 
(which I do - my link is in the sidebar if you are instagramer)
 I do hope to still be here sharing a bit more about what I create
 - it makes me happy. 



So today I share with you a mixed media creation on an emptied out tea bag.
 (actually it is on a tea bag and a third - one wasn't quite big enough) 


It was made using a couple of photographs I took, a drawing, 
some paint and ink and of course a bit of collage bits.  
A final coat of paste wax gives it a beautiful finish and adds some depth. 


Same process different end product. 



Thanks so much for taking the time to visit. 

....... and oh yah - Happy Earth Day!

6 comments:

  1. I prefer to read blogs over looking at photos on Instagram..... I like to read the stories behind the creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that you are happy to keep on blogging. It is the only place to truly get to be able to post and read in depth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with Seth , and Martha- so lovely to be able looking at blog posts, ---saying so much more that Instagram posts -
    Your creation is a dream- so beautiful
    Greetings from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you about blogging. It brings me just what it brings you - the sharing of much more than just the image. I did Instagram for a while but found it most unsatisfactory. I couldn’t share what I wanted and the process didn’t make me reflect on what I was doing at all. I certainly didn’t find the time to do both. Consequently, my Instagram account lies dormant though sometimes I look at the images posted by others.

    So glad I can continue to visit your lovely blog. Long may you continue to post - and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautiful creation and love that you are still here, sharing and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I’ll always blog- it’s part of my creative process. Helps me to articulate my thoughts behind a piece. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete