Thursday, March 17, 2016

Experimentation


I have a long list of things under the heading
"Things To Try"

I find the list grows longer  more quickly than I manage to try things.  
Making beads has been on this list for some time, 
and this week I  decided to try my hand at making polymer clay beads. 




As I have never worked with clay before, I purchased a tutorial from  
and started to play. 




I have created a few pair of earrings.....








and as is often the case for me, 
this experimenting has triggered many other creative ideas,
and sent me off in other jewelry making directions.  

So much fun..... so little time!

9 comments:

  1. Kim, your experiments always amaze me. Whatever you set your hand to, it looks as if you have done it for years. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhhhh, aren't these lovely! ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree with your last statement. There is always something else to try out. These beads are so 'your style' and they are amazing seeing as though it is a first attempt. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim! Beyond impressive for a first go round. Fabby, fabby, fabby. I see these triggering an avalanche of more fabby in your creative self. I've had polymer beads on my mind too. And lots of different fabric type ones. But I am forcing myself to stick to one thing and do it well. Your beads are pretty inspiring to me though! One day I'll try my hand at it...perhaps marrying them with what I'm doing right now (little books as usual.) I'm going to email you just now...N,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really fun ... and I love that simple oatmeal bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all! Are you going to sell them? I want a pair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your earrings! you have no idea, how many comments I get on those etched metal earrings I got from you. So many people rave over them and ask me where I got them. I have written your blog and store down for quite a few people! :D Love your work. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "trying" is as much fun or even better than the finished product for me! These earrings are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The "trying" is as much fun or even better than the finished product for me! These earrings are nice!

    ReplyDelete