Friday, April 1, 2011

Struggling

I made this little rustic style book a couple of years ago. A friend of mine purchased it at a sale, and brought it to me about a year ago wanting me to make him a bigger book in the same style.

He wanted it to be a soft covered book, with a photograph that he took on the cover. This is the first cover I made for the book ..... It didn't work - much too wrinkled.... My struggle is that I can not remember the paper, glue or actual process I used to create the original book. Every paper and glue etc. works differently together, and although I thought I could remember I couldn't. The book is supposed to look old and worn in a lovely sort of way - as if it has spent years of travel in a backpack into the field. This is the second cover I made.... and although better, I am still not happy with it. Still too wrinkled.
The pages in the book have also been decorated in a grungy wrinkled manner. I am okay with how they turned out, but need to work on cover #3....

I have enjoyed this project, but have also struggled with it all week...

So it is back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

  1. I've used "Wonder Under" on fabric with transfers for my cereal box book covers. Maybe you could try that.
    Sorry you'll be away when we're rolling through your neck of the woods.
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take a page from your book and apply myself to my work. I tend to give up too soon and I admire your 'stick-with-it-ness' very much. This book is gorgeous. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete