Thursday, August 26, 2010

Handmade Stamps

Earlier this year, I decided I should try to carve some basic stamps that I could use in my makings. I much prefer to use whatever I can make then buying items, and decided carving stamps was next on my list. These three stamps were what I ended up with. I thought I would try some more in the near future. Well as often happens to me - the near future is farther away then I usually imagine.......

but, finally I got around to doing two small carvings - I drew some simple designs....

and then carved them out and started to stamp. I know they are simple and rustic, but it is a start. I would love to do more - just not sure when the time will arrive again.



1 comment:

  1. what wonderful stamps! love them all, they are so
    "you"! I am in love with the dragonfly necklace you made (the flower is gorgeous too)...are you going to be making any to sell?

    ReplyDelete