Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Six Hour Little Book

I spent 6 hours this weekend making this little book. As always I didn't think it would take so long, and looking at it, you wouldn't think it would take so long. I used paper from an old book that I painted over,stamped over, smeared ink on and then drew on..... and I did it on every page - that was part of the reason it took so long.
I bound it using the coptic stitch binding - which means every page lies flat.

The book has lots of pages (92 pages if you count each decorated side!) - I guess that is why the book took so long to make! I enjoyed making it - but I look at it and wonder if it was worth the amount of time it took me! Oh well - at least it was fun - now back to work tomorrow - and a busy week it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment