Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A while ago I needed to make something - it didn't matter what, just create something. So I came up to my little studio, and painted a face on top of an old page out of a book, I collaged and stamped on it. I wrote on top of it, and added some words from an old book, and I felt much better. It didn't really matter what it looked like. I came back to the picture recently, and decided to make scan it and make a copy to make a card out of it. But when I looked closely at the text I realized I couldn't send it as a card, as the text underneath my painting does not give the loving message that I wanted the girl to portray.

Lesson learned - even when you are just creating for creating sake - take a look at the words that may show up in the background. You never know you may want to use the image you create for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment